Ready to organize after the holidays? ValuSpace® Personal Storage knows organization matters and we want to share our organizing tricks with you! Our room-by-room strategy below will straighten up your house and get you ready for the new year.
- Go through your files at least once a month to cycle out old bills and miscellaneous junk files.
- Keep supplies you need often on the top of your desk. Keep personal articles to a minimum so your workflow is proficient.
- At the end of every day reorganize your space. Put items back in their home and start the next day refreshed and ready to go!
- Develop a filing system that works for you. Color coded or by topic, whichever system you choose, stick to it!
- Make piles for items you are trashing, donating or relocating elsewhere in the house. This is the time to part with items you haven’t used in years.
- Keep the entryways clear of any furniture or objects that would crowd your guests as soon as they walk in the room.
- Add storage under the coffee table or couch for blankets and family activities.
- Double duty furniture will come in handy when you are low on space. Add a pillow to the top of a bench and create your own duel purposing furniture.
- The kitchen is the best place to make the family command center. Make notes of the meals for the week, and the family calendar.
- Organize your pantry with a system; keep like foods together so at a quick glance you can see what needs added to the shopping list.
- Add a magnetic spice rack to the side of the fridge. Add a magnet to the lid of an old jar and create your own DIY spice rack.
- The blank side of a cabinet is a great place to hang utensils and pot holders. This way the utensils are handy when they are needed.
Garage / Mudroom:
- A peg board and some hooks make it easy to organize and locate tools.
- Adding shelves, a bench and a shoe shelf by the door to the house, make an instant mudroom and keeps the dirt out of the house.
- A magnetic strip near your work area will keep screw drivers and metal tools readily available.
- Suspending shelves are good for storing decorations and seasonal items.
With these easy steps you’ll be able to relax and unwind in every room of your house. ValuSpace[icon name=”registered” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Personal Storage knows how important it is to stay on top of organization and we want to share these ideas with you! Stop by to talk with us about other options for staying coordinated.