August 8, 2018
Self Storage Tips: Preparing for Cooler Weather
Both of our storage facilities in Troy NY and Albany NY feature storage units to help you store your belongings. From temperature controlled units to drive-up storage units, both are great for swapping seasonal items to moving supplies, ValuSpace® Personal Storage has what you need. We provide the storage space and self storage tips while you enjoy the rest summer has to offer.
Self Storage Tips for Storing Outdoor Gear
- Storing boats and kayaks? Retire them for the season a few days before you want to store them. To make sure all the moisture is captured, place DampRid in different spots throughout the unit.
- Restaurants, it is time to move the patio furniture in. Give everything a spotless cleaning and maybe even a fresh coat of paint before storing for the winter.
- Wood tables and chairs should be thoroughly cleaned and a heavy duty cover should be placed to further protect them.
- Pool season is drawing to an end, but ensure your pool toys have time to dry out before moving to storage.
- When storing them, clearly mark pool chemicals and avoid stacking them.
- Remove grease and food scraps from the grates and tools of your grill. Once all food has been removed prevent moisture from rusting the metal by applying a coat of oil to metal parts.
- Sharpen gardening tools now, so come spring you can get to work sprucing up the outside.
- Replace the lawn mower with the snow blower in your storage unit. Remove any flammable liquids from the mower before closing your storage unit.
In order to have a smooth transition, ValuSpace® Personal Storage has gathered these self storage tips you need for storing all your items. As we look forward to fall and cooler temperatures, consider using storage to protect your belongings. Stop in to talk with our storage professionals at either location in Troy NY or Albany NY. We are waiting to guide you through the storage process.